Immigration Book List
The Immigration Welcoming Task Force has compiled a list of books for adults and children on the topic of immigrant experiences in their journey to immigrate to the U.S. Suggestions will be offered during the months of November and December. We hope this will be helpful to the congregation as we learn about immigration and some of the challenges faced by immigrants and refugees.
- Enrique’s Journey by Sonia Nazario – The story of a boy’s dangerous odyssey from Honduras to reunite with his mother in the U.S. Based on the L.A. Times newspaper series that won 2 Pulitzer Prizes.
- The Girl Who Smiled Beads by Clementine Wamariya and Elizabeth Weil – A story about two sisters who escape the Rwandan genocide and are granted asylum in the U.S. and the events that followed.
- Carmela (Full of Wishes) by Matt de la Pena – Pre-K – K
- Poncho Rabbit and the Coyote: A Migrant’s Tale by Duncan Tonatiuh – Ages 5 – 8
- Grandfather’s Journey by Allen Say – Ages 9 – 12
- Dreamers by Yuyi Morales – Age 13+
← View all Announcements